24 October, 2006

Diwali Gala

Diwali gives us an occasion for family get-together. I love diwali for this reason. Crackers, sweets, visiting temple, new movies, big TV shows... can come next in priorities for diwali. When I landed back in office today morning, all friends greeted with same question "How did you diwali go?". I enjoyed and relaxed in this vacation. When my granny was there, diwali vacation used to pull in all family members. The time spent with cousins are best part of my childhood memories.

Chinna vayasu terrorists dialogues: ;)
Me: "Ippadiya iruntha evalo nalla irukkum! mmmm.....next week school will reopen...bore, bore! "
My cousin: "dont worry da, Iraq-ila Bush podara bomb onnu kooda target mari namma school-ila vizhamala poiyudum??!! :)"
Me: "Wow. appadi vizhuntha romba santhosam. Jolly"

On sunday, my brother was planning for a trip to sirkazhi (20 kms from my homeotown). He had to catch up with anni's side relatives it seems. He usually get bored in those visits, so he needed some company. He was calling me pasama "Satheesh, nangala ellam mama vitikku porum, neeiyum variyada?". I was not aware of his grand plans, so said yes. I had to get out of my comfortable couch for the trip (missed sleeping!). First we went to my mama's house, then to anni's relative place and then to anna's friends house. Visiting relatives during diwali can become a dangerous experiment at times, everybody will welcome you with lot of sweets. Everywhere I have to say 'hi' and chat with lot of unknown people. These chats are usual boring stuffs which turn me off in few minutes. Thank god, my niece was keeping me engaged throughout the evening. While coming back, I was polambfying with anna. "Ada, paavi, neethan kalyana pannikitu ella relatives vittikum porey, ponnum. Enna ethukada matti vittae.. :) " Anni was laughing all the while. I missed outing with friends on that day because of this trip.

My love story didn't get any importance during this visit. Nobody was talking about the past incidents now in house. So sad :( Dad started it in mid, but left it out saying "Unnaku unga ammaku thane problem. Solve it yourself. Nee love pannina ponnai unga amma thane parkalamey reject pannita. What to do?" Amma didn't open up this topic and all. I have no grudges on them for not speaking about my love. I ,myself, don't know the state of my love, then how on the world I can expect them to talk for me? Seri, seri, romba polambals vendom! :) Hope you guys had great diwali too.

I have few photos to share.


Read more!

9 comments:

Jeevan said...

Nice to know u had a good fun with your Family & Friends. Photo's are very beautiful, your niece looks cute:)

our doubt nee school padikum bothu Iraq-ila Bush bomb pottaru?

Marutham said...

:) LOL!! At terrorist dialogues....
You 7 ur cousin both of u seem to have had lots of such fun talks. And Oye... Sollavey illa- Loves... Hm.. Ammakitaa ponna oru naal kooti vandhu vitrunga..Aparam avanga rendu peru paadu! :) Hope things click... :P

Nirek said...

@jeevan

>>our doubt nee school padikum bothu Iraq-ila Bush bomb pottaru?

this is about 1991 iraq- US war. this bush is george bush sr. :)
doubt clear-ayidicha

>>Nice to know u had a good fun with your Family & Friends. Photo's are very beautiful, your niece looks cute:)
thanks jeevan. I will convey ur compliments to my dear niece too!

Nirek said...

@marutham..
thanks dear. Hope you had a great diwali too!

>>And Oye... Sollavey illa- Loves...

neriya blogpost abt my love are there in archive. you gotto read carefully between the lines to understand the story
:) ha ha ha...

>>Hm.. Ammakitaa ponna oru naal kooti vandhu vitrunga..Aparam avanga rendu peru paadu! :)
ithu nadakumana theriyilla...may be. dunno what future has got in store for me!


>>Hope things click... :P
Me too wish the same! thanks dear

gP said...

hey bro...superb snaps...nice to know you had fun!

Queen said...

Hey Satu, Love pannina, athuku varra opposition verum starting thaan. Poga poga parunga, ennda poranthomnu aayidum. But if both of you are clear in what you want, you'll def succeed, antha feeling iruke, athuku innaiye kidaiyathu. So first, neenga rendu perum clear a irukingalanu paarunga. Appuram veetla pesalam. All the best.

Nirek said...

@gp,
thanks bro. Hope you had a great diwali too!

@queen
nalla words. Ippavey ennaku vazhkai veruthu pochu... I wish i remain away from love, marriage for ever in my life. Sanniyasi aga training kodukarangala engazhavathu??
ha ha ha :)

பத்மகிஷோர் said...

ஆயிரம் ஆனாலும் மாயுரம் ஆகாதுனு சொல்றங்களே உண்மையா?

Nirek said...

@kishore
I dunno why did the statement come into existance??