08 November, 2006

I am a rolling stone!

My boss called me a 'rolling stone'. This tag marks my character of worry free. Rolling stone gathers no moss, Isn't it? It is true to an extent. I wish I could settle down in a place, but could never able to do that. I want to settle down in chennai forever, but don't know when I would be able to go back there. Time alone can answer this.

Yesterday, I was re-reading the book 'Who moved my cheese?'. It is a small story about four rats and how they adapt to the changes. Sniff and Scurry are rats with less thinking ability. They live by their instincts. Haw and Hem are more like humans. They try to reason out the happenings around them. All four rats found out a cheese station in a maze. All were living happily because of unlimited cheese with no hardwork attached with them. One day, the cheese gets completed. Sniff and Scurry pack their bags in search of a new place for their food. But Haw and Hem refused to accept the fact that cheese got over. They started believing that someone had stolen their cheese. And they were in no mood to look for it. Rest of the story is about their feelings and thoughts in the scenario. I love the story because of the simple and very much relevant story plot. People become lethargic after tasting success in life. They forget the past struggles which brought them to the current position. We should be always ready to face the change. The story goes like this apothegm : 'The only unchanging thing in this world is CHANGE'. I could associate myself with Haw rat. Whatever I blabbered all along when I was in depression of love break is similar to Haw's thoughts in the story ;)

Lighter topics:
The songs used while introuducing heroines in movies are always very cute. I love them and have a big list of those songs. The happiness in a guy's mind when he meets his girl for first time is unlimited. Almost all these songs market on this fact and try to project the girl as beautiful angel.

She is a fantasy
sweet as a harmony
now you know she is a mystery
fills your heart with ecstasy


Read more!

7 comments:

Robbie said...

Who moved my cheese!! .. hmmm .. brings back those training days during the first few weeks of joining my comp ... :) t'was one book everyone read .. s'one even gave a lecture once based on this book ..
and me too, like ya, was able to relate to the story and itz chars .. nice post pal.. :))

Nirek said...

@anu
thanks yaar!

Marutham said...

:) Aha..nengaluma??!! I read this book during my school days i guess! A lovely book!!
//My boss called me a 'rolling stone'. This tag marks my character of worry free. // This being the fact-- you should try reading the book- I moved your cheese...yeah u read it right.... It is a book for those who love Humour... :) Try it...I bought this book while was waiting for my relatives to arrive in madras railway station...& the train got delayed but 45 mins..which went like 2 mins-with this book in hand. It would make sense if you have read the "Who moved my cheese."

Vtw, Nibble game pudikaadha?!! :O

Nirek said...

@marutham
welcome here!
never heard that book, but def will read it soon! got attracted with that title itself!

Nibble game- no...dont like computer games!

Jeevan said...

Rat story'a! intersting'ga irukkum pola:)

tulipspeaks said...

:) maatrem maatum niratheram.

sounds like a good book. will check out bookstores here for it.

=ammu=

Nirek said...

@jeevan and @ammu
thats a very small book, just 100 pages. u can read in 30 mins...
hv fun if u find it near ur book store