09 November, 2006

The History Of The Paddy Field Boy(s)

Got tagged by GP. I like this tag for giving me an occasion to fly back to good-ole childhood days. The tag is to
Write 8-10 things about your childhood ( 1-12 years) that you miss.
Write 8-10 things that you disliked about your childhood.

First, I will start with 'What I love about my childhood that I miss today'

Love the moment I got a heavenly sum of Rs.5 as packet money from my dad for my first school tour. The best part is I saved Rs.3 in that. Future MBA?! :)
Worry free life with not even a day longed for someone's love ;) Dunno when did I lost that character!
Playful-yet-serious fights with my brother for all things-under-the-sky. He is bully, you see! :)

Playful summer vacations with all my cousins. It's been long time since I met all of them in one place.
Cribbing-and-not-yet-given-up kind of school. I love those school days but hate those monday morning blues for not finishing homeworks.
Paddy field tank's baths, tender coconuts, eating-fresh-sugarcanes-from-Grani's-own-lands.
Situations when I used my brain (athanga lied!) to bunk boring tution classes after schools. Now I can't run away from my responsibilites. Huhhhh
Street cricket days. Still managed to get chancse to live this. Never missed it;)
Days when I was young kid in my entire family. Young kids are unannounced kings in receiving choclates, gifts and unlimited love. Isn't it?
All those crushes and childhood sweet hearts!
Drinking glasses (enga-pakkam tumblers-innu solvanga) with straw attached and Kuzhi thatu (Plates with different levels for variety of foods)
Sunday movies (one in afternoon and another in evening) on DD(DoorDarshan), the National TV channel of Govt. of India.

Second list is about 'the things which I didnt like in my childhood'.

Missed school tours many a times. Though most are pilgrimage-style-boring-kids-tour, how could they go without me?! Bad Bad.
Never picked up any one game properly. Jack of all trades ;)
Missed many 'Oliyum Oliyum' shows in DD while sitting-cribbing-and-reading in tution classes.
Hurted a kid while bowling (rather throwing) in a street cricket. The ball hit in his eyes. Didn't know his whereabouts after that. Hope he is finel. I throwed up my street cricket interests after that incident.
Some cried-moments-after-serious-fights with my brother. He made me cry badly many a times. I love him but hate those weaker moments.
Hate all those teachers who broke my hand by making me write big homeworks. In next birth, I wish to be their high school master. Revenge Time. :)
Didn't had much time with both Grani's. They died before I grown up to understand their love. Miss you Grani's!
Didn't have lot of photographs to kindle my childhood memories. I have grudged on Electronics giant corporations for not inventing cellphone-with-cameras then? They are real stupids yaar :)

P.S: This is a good song! Totally unrelated to the title of this post. Song from Akon, titled "Mr.Lonely". And ROTFL on seeing someone polambying ;)


Read more!

11 comments:

LiveMyDreams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LiveMyDreams said...

After few years you will write about November 10th, 2006. "The days i used to blog"

Kind of a cycle right bro.... Its always amazing to look back. Ur Nostalgic memories reminded me of my past too :)

Jeevan said...

You have very sweet memories friend. I too miss the serious fights with my brother and Drinking glasses, i call it stra glass, going to cousins house, leaving the school in the mid-sun after finishing the exams. I can't forget the Night movie on Fridays in DD, with much boring Ad's for every 10 minutes.

Nirek said...

@madhan
yep, thats true. you can tag yourself if you want to write on this topic bro!

@jeevan
thanks bro!

gP said...

ahha! Thanx for doing the tag and also sticking wit my tittle bro. Dat was really nice. We shared a few childhood adventures I c. And u will be the shrewd but kind MBA of the future bro!

I longed for the pady field bath but we did not really have such places here. Pity that I can see and touch the paddy but not live it.

Superb memories of childhood, and surely why the heck was there not enough photos...sad man.

Thanx a best wishes for another future.

tulipspeaks said...

sweet memories worth remembering at any point of time.

:)

=ammu=

Nirek said...

@gp
thanks bro for the tag! i loved it indeed!
>>shrewd but kind MBA
thats too much for my small bird brain. lets see

@ammu
thanks dear. flying back to childhood memories are always sweet. isn't it?

Anuradha Sridharan said...

I miss the "straw tumbler" and kuzhi thattu too :-(

BTW, I've been reading your blog regularly these days. You have a good flair of writing. I thought of meeting you at the Talakkad trip last Saturday but unfortunately couldn't make it. The photos were very good.

Nirek said...

@anu
welcome here!

I got into ur blog becos of the ur blogrolling link you gave for me! thanks buddy!

yeah I too thought of meeting u during talakad trip. Remember seeing ur name in the those mail list too.anyway trip was great. I shared few photos in differnet post

Robbie said...

too gud satu !!! me thoroughly njoy'd .. :) took me back , back, back .. to those gud ol' days .. nostalgic ..
paddy field tank bath!! :) i was forced to learn swimmin in those (was a toddler then).. he he he.. adhuku aprama advanced level-a , kenathla .. but i was sooo scared of that biiiiiiiiig well in my gran's field that i never learnt .. apram, back in my place after the annual hols, swimmin pool la thaan me learnt swimmin :))) ..
home works..long cycle rides..nila saapadu with all my cousins and me with my gran in the centre givin the food in small small urundai to all us in turns ..
achocho .. oru post maadhiri i took up sooooo much of ur space .. got carried away .. he he he .. sorry .. but t'was nice readin the post .. brought back too many memories :)

Nirek said...

@anu
>>achocho .. oru post maadhiri i took up sooooo much of ur space
thats not at all a problem. you can write big big comments if u want

>>me thoroughly njoy'd .. :)
thanks a lot buddy! I am honored

>>brought back too many memories :)
your list sounds interesting buddy. You can tag yourself to this topic and write abt this in ur blog.
will wait to hear ur childhood memories!