12 February, 2007

Learnin' chinese

I am enjoying life @ moment in Xi'an. This city is great. I will write about my travel accounts in this city little later. Wait for my future post. I had an exciting learning lesson in writing chinese, simplified chinese from my friends here. We had a long walk in cold winter, talking about the city. We were enjoying learning chinese along with special pineapple pizzas of this city. The lunch was at Ding Ding Shah. This hotel serves a special food similar to thin slices of Dosa (especially like Neer dosas in Karnataka). The side dishes with that food made it an interesting lunch. I love food here in this city.

Photos are here. click on the link to see the photos.

Learning chinese


Read more!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

加油!!!!春节快乐!!

tulipspeaks said...

kekekeke..

u know.. i took basic Mandarin classes during my first degree. but 3 years down the road, i've forgotten everything! :P


=ammu=

Nirek said...

@anon
thanks for the wishes!
Wish you a great chinese new year
and spring festival

@ammu
Yeah, I can understand why you forget these. Chinese has more than 60000 symbols. Atleast we need to remember 1000 symbols to talk in daily basis. I started it. Now I can feel the difference when I see chinese symbols. It no more look like tough characters.

Anonymous said...

Nee haa... ;) hehehe

Nirek said...

@thooya
Nee haa- Hope this is tamil word for "Is it you?"
I was searching for ne ha in chinese for some time.
:)
definitely naan than!

Jeevan said...

Great bro, as soon u arrived their u started to learn Chinese language!! The hotel name Ding Ding Shah is super.

Nirek said...

@jeevan
Ding ding shah nalla irukka. Inniku Naan pona restaurant peru
Oh Dha La!
Means catching bottom of sea

Super-la!

Anonymous said...

heheheh you made me laugh like nothing...

Nirek said...

@thooya
I am honored dear!
Its pleasure to entertain you!

Anonymous said...

hehehe i was rolling in bed n laughing
ammi came down and asked me what happ
i tld her my friend nirek sd this...she read it too...
so where r u? r u home? what did u bring for us? (jeevan and me)

Nirek said...

@thooya
neenga sirikarathu pathathuinnu, u called amma also for teasing me??! Thats bad.
:(
Just kidding. I am just back in bangalore. I got few chocs for you. But where are you and how can i give them to you?!

I believe you are now in australia. Isn't it? please leave ur email id here

Anonymous said...

i left a "hi" for u in ur inbox

Anonymous said...

yeapi am in aus and ammi too and everyone else..
well u betta keep them safely..dnt touch it at all..otherwise our "gentle men-woman agreement" will go under the ground..hehehe
nana ammi ddnt tease u..it was only me..

Anonymous said...

You've got a picture of your crazy Chinese character here:
http://www.chine-nouvelle.com/chinois/caracteres/biang.html