20 January, 2007

Nandhi Hills!

Me and my friend ventured into exploring Nandhi Hills early morning today. We left Bangalore by five in morning. When we started in bike, the climate was normal and an absolute clear sky above us. Barely thirty minutes on the road, we were covered by dense fog with minimum visibility. Wow, thats amazing part of the trip! We were in bike for two hours in that dense fog, strolling very slowly and taking 'chai' break a couple of times. Nandhi hills is a weekend outing spot near Bangalore. I had been to this place earlier also, but this trip was amazing and the best. Nandhi hills has some fort, guest house, bull temple and few restaurants on the top. The place has many trails and the walkpath is designed like a maze. The maze is best explored in your own creative way. Just walk on whatever way you feel like and believe me, Nandhi Hills trails will give you a very different impressions on your different visits.

I have uploaded few selected snaps from the trip on my flickr. Here is the slideshow.

Yesterday, we were having dinner in a north indian restaurant (Queen's) in church street near MG Road. The restaurant has a great ambience, designed like those old mud houses with terracota symbols. Our serving of paneer tikka had this decorated lamp made out of tomato skin. It looked very cute and was resembling those halloween symbols!


Read more!

8 comments:

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Me me me 1st 2 comment :D

Gud 2 know u had a trip ;)
Nice pics :)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hi,
There is a tag in my blog. I felt you might be interested 2 write the tag :)

Pls have a look and feel free 2 ignore if you are not interested to write :)

Ram said...

Great pics, enjoyin life man. Am jealous about you. :)

Jeevan said...

WOW!! Its wonderful photos. Beautiful Nandi Hill and the mist, chance'a illa. let me try to visit that hill once...

Very Cute the Lamp:)

Anonymous said...

Good Pics ya. But to Nandhi hills, there shud be someone to go with.

Nirek said...

@pon
thanks dear for the tag, will write on that

@ram
come to bangalore bro. climate now is rocking here

@jeevan
thanks bro. nandhi hills is quite different in diff seasons. ya, u can add in your itinary when u come to bangalore

@Ran
Yep. I had my dear fren with me in this trip.

tulipspeaks said...

nice scenery.. :) remind of of M'sia's Cameroon Highlands! ;)

=ammu=

Robbie said...

wowww !! lovely pics .. me jus added nandi hills in my list of places to visit .. :))