11 December, 2005

A lot can happen over a coffee

India's coffee day opened its 250th outlet in Goa. [+] StarBucks, wow- this name reminds me of caffine attraction. These guys evolve along with coffee mania in USA. I wasnt coffee buff always. After reading "pouring your heart into it" by Star bucks CEO, I go fida with Coffee. [+] Starbucks is big coffee retailer in USA, with annual revenue crossing US$ 4B. One of fortune 500 companies. [+] India's Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) is modelled on Starbucks in all ways. CCD has garnered majority chunk in Indian coffee market, a clear market leader. [+] Starbucks has no franchise and all outlets are company owned. They started it, reason it on the line- coffee business lies in quality and purity, dont wanna mess this with profit motive of franchise model. India's CCD too follows it. All CCD outlets are company owned. [+] All cafe outlets in India are modelled as hangout for Teenagers and youths. This is different from starbucks model. Starbucks cover all market ranges and have different ways to reach different segments of people. A lot can happen over a coffee- cachy line of coffee day. Kewl!


Read more!

2 comments:

Arunkumar Ayyavu said...

Satheesh, You have observed a lot of facts. If they are similar, I believe Starbucks can very well consider buying CCD when they want to enter India.

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey.. The facts are impressive..I never knew so much about Starbucks. Personally I didn't like the "angrezi coffe". I don't think they add chicory, only the taste factor...Anyways...Satheesh I donot have any group as yet with ppl who want to make a diference...If you remember you had left a comment on my post called "Just do I.T".