06 February, 2006

Salsa, Hip-Hop Weekend!

This is my best weekend in Bangalore, filled with fun, frolic, hip-hop and salsa! I started going for dance training from this weekend . The dance school (swingers, chennai) teaches hip-hop and salsa style dancing in weekends. Both are for non-professionals. I love dancing but never learnt it earlier.

HipHop is toughest of the two. Salsa is pretty romantic dance style. Salsa is typical party dance, which we dance with our partners. I enjoyed both. Salsa's music are pretty romantic which i never heard anywhere in public.

Me missing any hard physical activity for long time after entering software career. This training gave me perfect outlet to dance till i get tired down. And this weekend, I could catch up with lot of my frens out here in Bangalore.

[+] I met Jahir Hussain, my college mate. He is now with IBM research lab on deep computing out here in Bangalore. He was poster-boy for IBM a year back, done a helluva lot of research and got 2-3 patents in his kitty. Btw he is coming for Salsa training during my batch

[+] I met my college gang frens.My gang in college is christened as luvbulls. After long time, I am meeting my dear buddies. Not to forget, all are now become bigwigs in their own field. 


Read more!

19 comments:

Visithra said...

ure learning dance? oohh interesting ;)

Nirek said...

@visi, thats interesting for me tooo...... whats life without something exciting?

gP said...

Salsa! damn, ive always loved salsa...ive seen it once only in real life when we went for a documentary shooting. the moves are amazing. try it bro and do it!

Nirek said...

@Gp,hey bro, Me too loved the romance mixed with salsa dance. pretty romantic dance and cute unheard music. Who knows from where on this music and dance evolved, but its really lovely....

Nirek said...

hey kart, i am ready for salsa night. Where is my gal fren?

Unknown said...

Am truly Wowed man!! Enjoy !

Nayan said...

I looove dancing!! :)

WIsh I cud be there to learn them all!!

Nirek said...

@jayan...Thanks da. Heard you are a salsa expert. Are you still practising?
@Nayan, thats the spirit bro! Howz cyprus? not a romantic place to roam with your frens?

R Girls said...

Oh that sounds lovely. I love this dance but yeah as u say, this S/W profession sometimes refrains us from doing anything. Now my evenings goes on with Hungarian Class and swimming..As said some physical exercise.

smiley said...

good you are having fun

Nirek said...

@nandhini, thanks for dropping by. yeah s/w profession makes us couch potatoes. I make sure my weekends are always fun filled and quite interesting, exciting. Hungarian orchestra is quite famous ,thanx to illayarja. try ur hands on that too??

@smiley....hey smiley. how there? me enjoying life at moment in bangalore

Nisha said...

Hi Satu,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks a ton for the support :)

Great to read that u r having a blast in Blore... Enjoy as much as u can buddy!

Cheers!
Icy :)

Nirek said...

@Icy... Thanks buddy! Got some info on your lost bike??!

Nisha said...

So far no clue :( Don't expect either!

Nirek said...

@icy...Anyway you got ur boy fren, right? Enjoy maadi!

Anonymous said...

So from now can I call you "salsa-satheesh"? what a rhyming...ehhh

Nirek said...

@satish prabhu...thanks bro for dropping by! u could call me so.. :)) But salsa practicing needs a partner which is getting tougher in my side....will probably switch to jazz from next month... whats ur hobbies??

gopal said...

hi,
Are you learning dance at swingers. I am learning at Shiamak. Can you tell me where is your dance school located.
I like to know more about how they conduct the course.
By the way, I am from TN working in VLSI in Blore. I am yet to start my blog.

Nirek said...

Hi Raja,
Gud to get ur contact.
Swingers is in Domlur, IndiraNagar. Off airport road to Indira nagar, take first right, swingers dance school is above MRF tyredrome in that road. teaching is great, I found it very interesting. I am not an expert in dance so cant comment much on how they teach. swingers in a great dance school from chennai, so it shd be a good one. ;)